DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top 'Go-To' Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ Corporation has a rewarding Landscape Architect opening in our South Bend, IN office!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform landscape architecture and site-related design assignments requiring a solid understanding of the principles of landscape architecture, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Assists with the development and presentation of proposal and project for clients and agencies.
- Provides support to more experienced personnel in the plan and study of
Job Requirements, scoping, criteria design determination, design concept formulation, conceptualization, and production of graphic and written materials for assigned projects.
- Develops concepts and approaches to the solution of landscape architecture and planning problems, conduct studies of new landscape architecture and planning methods, codes, processes and materials.
- Assists in budgets preparation and forecasts of man-hours, costs and time required for assigned project; and in submission of control budget and periodic status reports to management.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0 - 3 years Landscape Architecture experience
- Must possess strong site design skills and graphic abilities
- Software experience preferred: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max or Similar
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills desired.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.