Best Austin, TX and Central Texas Xeriscape Plants:
This list includes our most commonly utilized, design oriented, and favorite drought-tolerant Xeriscape plants for Austin, TX and for the Central Texas area. Water-wise Xeriscaping plants will thrive in the Central Texas heat and will require very little, if any, watering after initial establishment. Furthermore, these plants are watershed friendly, often filtering out pollutants. The Austin Xeriscape focused plants in this list are very hardy, drought tolerant and resistant and will need a good watering only during especially hard droughts. We strive to design and use as many Central Texas and Austin, TX Xeriscaping plants as we can in our Xeriscape designs and landscaping projects in Austin. When landscapers think about Xeriscape design they assume that their only choice will be the regular Central Texas drought tolerant Xeriscaping favorite plants: yuccas, agaves, and cacti. Those are very common in Austin, TX Xeriscapes and for a good reason. However, there are many more water-wise Xeriscaping plants that you could design in your Xeriscape landscape for a different height, form, color and variation.
The following deer-resistant plants are recommended after much observation, literature, and experience. Please note that deer will eat almost every plant when very hungry, especially during drought conditions where other vegetation is non-existent.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.