Over the years Poynter Landscape has become known in St. Louis for being the best provider for large residential landscape projects and we have heard may times over that people feel like their project may be too small to interest us. This couldn’t be further from the truth! In fact, we love to do small projects and have staff that is dedicated to the goal of being great at providing small projects for our clients. In the landscape industry small projects are sometimes referred to as “enhancements” and can be a range of services. Giving your curb appeal a face-lift with some additional plantings would be an example of a way we can enhance your landscape. Pruning, mulching and edging is a good choice for anyone who wants to freshen up a landscape that is getting overgrown and tired. Small patios, paths or retaining walls may also fall onto our enhancements or small projects team, along with basic drainage or lawn renovations. Many times these types of projects are easily estimated and designed which allows the turn-around to be considerably shorter depending on the season. If you have a small project and expect the best possible attention to detail, look no further than Poynter Landscape! We have a qualified landscape designer standing by to provide a quote and get your small project scheduled.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.