The artificial turf industry is rapidly expanding. Where there were once only a few North American manufacturers there are now many other manufacturers bringing in lower quality products from outside of the U.S. Like many products in fast growing markets where there isn’t a tremendous amount of common knowledge, it is important for consumers to educate themselves before making a purchase.
All artificial grass is not created equally, there are high quality fiber polymers and there are lower quality fibers and polymers. High quality polymers mean longevity in a synthetic grass product, keeping the product looking great over the years. This is an important quality when a product promotes a 15-20 year life span.
Drainage is another major factor in synthetic grass manufacturing. Not all backings drain well, in fact, many artificial backings drain poorly because holes have been punched in the back of the turf or a felt-like substance has been added. This felt-like backing must come to saturation before it begins draining. Even when it does drain, it doesn’t drain straight through. Since it’s an absorptive material some of the properties of the liquid that makes contact with the artificial turf will always remain in the backing.
EasyTurf is the only artificial grass with a 100% permeable MaxxFlow backing. This backing is 100% porous and drains clean through with no absorption. Drainage is a key factor for pet owners when considering synthetic grass.
Artificial grass is more than just the grass product itself. As innovative and evolved the product has become in the past twelve years, the installation is what takes a great looking product to a near match to an organic lawn.
Ground preparation, cutting the turf to beautifully fit the existing layout of the installation area, seaming the turf together, and application of the infill material is crucial in achieving that true-to-life look and feel of a natural lawn.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.