This design uses some simple and basic methods of accenting the entry walkway of this home while creating flower bed areas on both sides of the walkway. It also creates a buffer from any lawn sprinkler over spray which is especially important if you have colored concrete or paving materials that may be discolored from hard water stains.
The layout of this design has been thought out and as it grows in, will look very nice. The accent character tree in the center of the larger bed will create height and along with its match on the far corner of the home, will create balance.
The planting ideas are simple and repetitious helping to create balance, unity, and continuity. The foundation shrubs which will help break up the the expanse of the front wall are all of the same type. And because of the slope and height of the foundation wall, the shrubs can grow to a managable size without covering up the windows. There will be a little maintenance required with shrubs like these.
The rest of the front yard plants are of just a few vatieties that repeat throughout the yard and landscape. A basic structure like this is so simple to create. You really don't have to do a lot of study of plants. Just look around and see what's working in some nicer landscapes and pick a few. You can always add more later if you want to.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.