Are you convinced your yard needs a makeover? Would a few simple landscaping ideas be enough to point you in the right direction? Sometimes, that is all the do-it-yourselfer needs: specific, easy-to-implement recommendations to inspire action.
From designing front, back, and side yards to how to start a garden from scratch, consult my resources providing simple landscaping ideas to learn ways to improve your yard. Each article presented below is just a starting point; follow the links within the articles to access more detailed information on each topic. If you would like to skip right to a link to resources with pictures, scroll down to section 5 below.
continue reading below our video
How to Make a Room Feel Bigger
are still more common in front yards than vegetable gardens, but the latter are gaining in popularity even in this, the most visible area of the yard.
Regardless of the type of garden you desire or its location, beginners will need some help learning how to open up a plot of land and establish a garden there. Consult this piece for information on everything from a simple way to remove sod to making astute plant selections for your new garden. More »
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.