Combined with blooming plants, trees and shrubs, the right plants choice will guarantee that the front yard will look beautiful all year round. The garden lighting plays an important role even in a small front yard. It will highlight the accents in the landscape design and add to the atmosphere and appearance of your home. Decorative rocks, elegant water features, curved lines – all these can be incorporated into the landscape of a small front yard
Small front yards can be viewed in their entirety at a glance which means that your garden will be perceived by the people as a whole. Limited space will make you take certain decisions and it is quite likely that you will not be able to plant all the plants that you like. To avoid a feeling of clutter and an overcrowded appearance it is best if you limited the color palette. Of course, despite the limits, landscaping a small front yard has some advantages. You need a small number of plants to create a dramatic effect. A simple low wooden fence makes a small garden into a formal garden. A low fence may define a space for entertainment and children’s games.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.