We believe in organic gardening at the Front Yard Nursery so we carry an extensive line of organic fertilizers, with Gardner & Bloome fertilizers at the forefront.
We also have a variety of other brands, both organic and synthetic, including Dr. Earth, Fox Farm, Greenhouse, and Grow More, among others.
We specialize in plants that perform best in El Dorado County and neighboring areas. We are currently working on a list of common plants that we carry. Please call us to see if we have the plant you want.
We also carry many seasonal and specialty plants. Please call us to check availability. If there is a plant you want and that we don't typically carry, we can special order it for you. Looking for roses?
FYN's 2017 Potted Rose List
Chemicals are sometimes a necessary part of gardening. We carry a full line of pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides, along with dormant sprays, repellents, and other needed chemicals. Some of the brands we carry are Monterey, Bonisw, Green Light, Garden Tech, and Gordon's. Please call us if you are looking for a specific product.
Good soil is the start to successsful gardening. We sell both bag and bulk soil, along with soil conditioners and amendments to improve your existing soil. Click one of the links below to learn more about our bulk and bag products.
Are you looking to install a new lawn or plant seed for erosion control, to attract wildlife, or just admire wildflowers?
We have both sod and seed available in a variety of mixes to suit your specific needs. Learn about our sod and seed products here.
Our irrigation department has everything you need to get started on a project or maintain existing systems. Our helpful and knowledgeable staff can answer the many questions that arise when working with a new system, be it sprinklers, drip irrigation, or timers. We carry Hunter timers that can handle one or multiple valves. Come see us the next time you need irrigation help.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.