Currently, this empty side yard has no real purpose. The long, narrow layout has made it an awkward and difficult place to build or add something new, so the homeowners have left it vacant.
After: Family Entertainment
The unused side yard is given a new lease on life with the addition of a backyard bocce ball court ideal for year-round entertainment. The unfortunate vegetable garden was hidden by a stone patio and cozy outdoor sofa, and the space was completed with fresh landscaping and blooming flowers.
Before: Dead Vegetable Garden
A once thriving vegetable garden was sadly neglected and received too much shade from a towering tree. The result? A dead patch of lawn that has turned into the yard's biggest eyesore.
After: Fresh Plants
The new landscaping and chic stone pavers make the area feel more like an outdoor oasis and less like a simple backyard. Outdoor landscape lighting adds to the ambiance of the space, especially during warm summer nights.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.