D & A Dunlevy Landscapers, Inc. is excited to present this featured project. Our designers, Gina Palmer and Blake Dunlevy, have been selected as landscape designers at the 2016 DC Design House. This our third opportunity to take part in this phenomenal design showcase that also does the great work of raising funds for the Children’s National Health System. To read more about the house click here. Each space of the house features a different designer. We created a design and incorporate many elements into the front entry of the home.
The key to a beautiful home begins at the door to the home; more specifically it starts in the area that leads up to the door of the home. The front garden of this lovely DC home sets the tone and begins the guest’s experience by creating an orderly yet flowing space. The flagstone lead walk draws you toward a generous landing which is bordered by a custom built bench and decorative planters. Ascending the steps to the cover of the portico, one notices the well manicured – multi-layered – planting displays that encase the entry on the right and left. Once the top landing is reached, you find a warm front door framed on either side by elegant planters that boast a rich display of greenery. If the front garden is any indication, this home is sure to provide a tasteful and timeless walk through the craft of finely designed spaces.
General Information & Important Dates
- House Address: 2509 Foxhall Road NW Washington, DC 20007
- House Hours:
Saturday & Sunday – 12PM to 5PM
Mondays – Closed
Tues – Fri 10AM to 3PM
Tickets can be purchased online and at the door for $35.00. Buy a General Admission House ticket here.
- Last Day – October 30th
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.