For more information regarding this project, please contact Jonathan P. Bell of the Zoning Enforcement Section at (213) 974-6453 or email at .
Si necesita más información o si tiene algún comentario acerca del proyecto, por favor comuníquese con Jonathan P. Bell de la sección Zoning Enforcement al (213) 974-6453 o por correo electrónico a
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors (BOS) adopted the Yard Sale Ordinance Update for unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County on November 17, 2015. The Ordinance takes effect on December 17, 2015 (30-days from adoption). The purpose for the Ordinance update includes the following:
- Establishes standards for conducting yard sales as accessory to a residential use in any zone;
- Limits Yard Sales to the last full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of each month (known as the designated weekend).
- Yard Sales are prohibited Monday – Friday;
- Yard Sales are prohibited within the sidewalk, street, alley or any other public right-of-way;
- Establishes a registration process to allow two additional yard sales within a calendar year on non-designated weekends; and
- Provides a free-of-charge registration process with DRP.
This Yard Sale Ordinance is applicable only to unincorporated communities of Los Angeles County. Property within a city jurisdiction, is subject to the local city’s Yard Sale Ordinance.
On, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors (BOS) instructed the Director of Planning to take several actions related to the Yard Sale Ordinance, including reporting back within six (6) months on the implementation of this ordinance with statistics on notices and enforcement activity. The BOS Report is now available here.
The Yard Sale Ordinance is available here. If you have questions regarding the Ordinance, please call 213-974-6411 or email questions to . An informational flyer, which summarizes the yard sale requirements, is available in:
The Yard Sale Registration is required for non-designated weekends (Saturday and Sunday), not to exceed two (2) additional yard sales within a calendar year. The registration form can be accessed:
Yard Sale Registration forms may be submitted:
- Fax at 213-626-0434
- Email at
- Board of Supervisors Public Hearing - April 28, 2015
- Regional Planning Commission Public Hearing - November 19, 2014