DesignWorks is an international Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning firm located in, and inspired by the landscape and urban form of Charleston, SC. Our work focuses on creating life-enriching places that meld environmental enhancement, stewardship and social engagement.
Our vision is to create memorable places that provide timeless value for our clients, teams, and the communities we serve.
Our work continues to be recognized by national, regional and state awards from The American Society of Landscape Architects and The Urban Land Institute. DesignWorks was also the recipient of the The City of Charleston’s premiere Award for Design Excellence for a 10 year portfolio of design within the public realm.
DesignWorks is a firm of professionals working together to create great places that enhance our communities. Nearly 100 people have worked at DesignWorks during its twenty-year history. All have contributed greatly to the successful places the firm has helped to create and shape. Hats off to the many professionals who are continuing their great work in their respective communities around the globe.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.