For years people have been tending flower gardens—maybe it’s the allure of the blooms, or perhaps it’s the challenge of growing the perfect rose, or maybe you just want to add a splash of color to the front of your home. Whatever the motivation, flowers are an excellent addition to all types of gardens.
The variety of flowers available can make selecting which ones you will use in your garden a daunting task. The best flower garden designs incorporate perennials, annuals, bulbs and companion plants, all tied together by a strong color scheme or design style. When designing a flower garden, you should start by determining what flowers will grow well on your property. Factors such as light, temperatures, soil quality and more will impact how well the flowers perform.
The articles and images that appear here will introduce you to some popular garden flowers, as well as provide inspiration for how to design a garden filled with beautiful flowers in spring, summer, fall or winter. You’ll find tried and true selections such as roses or rhododendrons, and rising stars like drumstick alliums.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.