In this Design Program, the designer will help you explore ideas and make recommendations on layout, plants and other features that may work for your front yard. The 2-hour consultation is not enough time for the designer to draw a detailed landscape plan; however, it will be enough time to discuss site issues, uses and customer needs, and to develop general landscape layout ideas, and ideas on plant choices.
- Participant must be currently participating in the CCWD Lawn to Garden Rebate Program.
- Customers may only participate in the program 1 time per property.
- Customer will pay the Landscape Designer the $150 fee at the time of their 2-hour landscape design consultation.
- CCWD may be required to issue IRS 1099 tax forms to customers receiving rebates totaling $600 or more in a calendar year starting Jan. 1, 2016. This includes the Landscape Design Assistance Program, Lawn to Garden Rebate and other CCWD rebate programs. Click here for more information.
- Customer will complete and return to CCWD the Design Program Application and the receipt from the landscape designer.
- CCWD will reimburse the customer the $150 design fee after their lawn to garden conversion project is successfully completed.
- CCWD will not reimburse the fee if the customer does not complete their lawn to garden conversion project.
- Any additional design services outside of the 2-hour consultation contracted between the Customer and Designer are beyond the scope of this program.
In a 2-hour consultation the designer will help you explore ideas for your new front yard landscape. During the 2 hours you and the designer will review the site conditions and discuss your needs and desires for the new landscape. The designer will develop some general design ideas for the site and make general plant pallet recommendations.
Preparing for Your Landscape Design Consultation
To get the most value from your time with the designer, we recommend you have the following items ready prior to your design consultation:
- Draw a basic base map, to scale, of your front yard on graph paper. Include fence lines, house location, and existing plants/ trees and hard-scape that will not change. See How to Draw Base Map (PDF).
- Consider compiling a file of photos from magazines and websites to help communicate what you would like in your new front yard.
The CCWD Landscape Design Assistance Program is intended to assist customers participating in the CCWD Lawn to Garden (LTG) Rebate Program. Customers may use the Design Program only after receiving their Lawn to Garden “Notice to Proceed” letter.
- Schedule your 2-hour landscape design consultation. We recommend you complete the Landscape Design Questionnaire in advance to get the most out of your consultation.
- Pay the Landscape Designer the $150 fee and ensure you get a receipt.
- Print and complete the Design Program Application (PDF) and send the application along with the Landscape Designer receipts to: