301 West Sheridan
The Great Lawn is just that – our beautiful front yard. Located on the northern edge of the Gardens, the Great Lawn is a lovely expanse of beautiful green turf. It’s filled with Ultimate Frisbee players during the lunch hour, concert and movie-goers several evenings a week, and picnickers, joggers, fitness boot campers, loungers and readers the rest of the time.
The gently-sloped ellipse of lawn at the north end of Myriad Botanical Gardens is an ideal location to enjoy your lunch break, a picnic or a special performance on stage. A wide and inviting pedestrian promenade extends north from the Crystal Bridge to Sheridan Avenue, crossing a pedestrian plaza featuring a unique wave-generating fountain.
The western edge of the plaza overlooks the lawn and is anchored by a stage and sculptural band shell equipped for a wide variety of performances. The 28, 000 SF Great Lawn is home to larger downtown community events and can comfortably accommodate 2500 people. The 30-foot-high Bandshell creates a beautiful backdrop for performances at the Great Lawn. The 200 SF stage provides ample room for a wide variety of performances.
Visitors can also enjoy the events on the stage from the garden courtyards to the south.. Sunlight dances on a burbling water feature that defines the edge of the lawn, inviting people to wander and explore in the botanical gardens beyond.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.