A 31-year-old woman who died in front of a Garden Grove home Wednesday night had apparently been in an altercation with another woman before a man came up and shot her, police said.
Police were sent to the home in the 13000 block of Purdy Street on a shooting call at about 11 p.m., said Lt. Robert Fowler with the Garden Grove Police Department.
A woman at the home had been in a fight with another woman when a man approached and shot her multiple times, said Sgt. Richard Burillo with the Police Department.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, Fowler said.
She was later identified as Kellie Louise Nichol. Police said she lived in Trabuco Canyon, but had been staying at the Garden Grove house for the last few days.
A neighbor said he was asleep before three gunshots woke him up.
"I heard somebody, some kids down there yelling at everybody, 'what'd you do man, what'd you do, '" the neighbor said.
The home is well known to officers, who have been called there on multiple occasions, said Burillo.
"There are reports that people come and kind of hang out in the neighborhood. Hang out on the front lawn in the evening hours, " Fowler said.
It was unclear what led to the altercation between the women.
Garden Grove Police Lt. Bob Bogue said in an email that police had been out to the house about 15 times in the past year for disturbances, fights and warrant arrests.
“It’s a pretty quiet neighborhood except for that one house, ” neighbor Vi Tran told KTLA. “There would be multiple people, random people coming in and out of the house… Arguments at every hour of the day. It’s just a lot of conflict.”
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.