New to gardening? In the market for easy gardening tips? We're sharing all of the gardening basics you'll need to turn your backyard into a stunner.
From drought gardening advice to recommendations on the best drought resistant flowers, make the most of the dry conditions in your backyard with these expert tips.
Is your backyard "throwing shade" on your garden? We're sharing suggestions on the best low light plants, shade annuals and creative shade garden ideas to help make your yard an oasis.
Small space gardening and container gardening ideas to help beautify the place you call home.
Sign up for our FREE Birding & Gardening Newsletters!
Planning a backyard vegetable garden? Is growing fruit for you? This popular pasttime is a cinch with these fruit and vegetable gardening ideas from our editors.
Whether you're growing grass, trees or shrubs, the right mix can make or break your backyard landscaping. We're sharing expert grass, shrub and tree growing tips and advice you can use!
Want to add some winged wonder to your backyard? Attract butterflies with these butterfly gardening ideas and our expert tips on the best plants and flowers that attract butterflies.
Garden bugs in the backyard are not always a bad thing. We're breaking down the good, the bad and the ugly so you can keep harmful garden insect pests away.
Love hummingbirds? Attract them to your backyard with our recommendations on plants and flowers that attract hummingbirds and gardening tips and tricks from our experts.
Freshen up your flower garden with these expert recommendations, tips and ideas that can make any yard look like a million bucks.
Though your home is your castle, there is no necessity to surround it with a moat. Here are 5 tips that will help you to make your landscaping feel more warm, welcoming and cozy.
1. Put some flowers nearby your entrance. Flowers make any area look more welcoming and attractive, so greeting your guests with Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile or some other garden flowers is always a great thing to do. What is more, to add some space between your house and the entrance, you can consider adding a little white fence. It will create an illusion that your front yard is bigger than it actually is. What is more, adding fence will create a great space for planting flowers to add some color and coziness.
2. Add rambling vines to make your yard look absolutely lovely. You can not deny that rambling vines always create romantic and even magical atmosphere. So why not to use this tip while decorating your yard?
3. To hide the unattractive driveway, consider adding some color, texture, and height. You can easily do it by adding various sorts of flowers. To start, create an island of green lawn right in the hub of a drive. Then add a couple of low boxwood hedges with flowers toward the back of your island.
4. If you want your yard to blossom and flourish bust still do not have enough time to maintain it, consider planting low-fuss lilies. Such flowers look absolutely gorgeous and come in the variety of rainbow hues, so you can pick the one you love most. What is more, low-fuss lilies do not care about the sort of soil, they love the sun and welcome hot, they do not afraid of drought. In other words, Crinums is an ideal flower for all those who are looking for low-maintenance solutions.
5. The last tip also touches the low-maintenance aspect. To make your life easier, group plantings into beds and islands. This will help you to avoid mowing and trimming around each individual plant, save a lot of time and even money.